Update: Materialia Indica has moved! At its new home, it offers all kinds of social networking features: profile pages, friends, groups, forums, job postings and blogs. Joining that site is easy: just click on the “Sign Up” link!
* * *
Welcome to Materialia Indica!
We have created this India-centric forum for discussing all kinds of topics of interest, importance and relevance to materials scientists and engineers in India. It’s open to all materials folks: academics, researchers, post-docs, graduate and undergraduate students in the fields of materials engineering, materials science, metallurgy, minerals, ceramics, and polymers.
Materialia Indica can be used for many, many purposes. Here are some example uses:
- sharing information: conference announcements, course notes, research ideas, job postings
- requests for help in teaching and/or research
- discussions on specific sub-topics in materials research
- finding potential research collaborators
- finding research students
- finding potential advisers for thesis research or summer internships (!)
- sharing fun stuff / inside jokes that materials folks will enjoy
As we said, Materialia Indica is an open to all materials folks, and we welcome researchers, academics, and students — from India as well as from abroad (though, as we said, its content will have a soft focus on India).
You don’t need to register if you just want to read the posts, or comment on others’ posts at Materialia Indica. However, if you would like to write posts in our blog, you will have to become a member of this site. So, come on over and join us!
Joining Materialia Indica is easy: use the contact form on the Contributors page, tell us a bit about yourself, and give us your e-mail address. We will be happy to send you an invite.
Do please explore the site. We would appreciate your comments — especially your suggestions for how Materialia Indica can serve the Indian materials community better.
Once again, welcome to Materialia Indica!